Oracle Java is a Java application that is officially released by the manufacturer is the company Oracle. Investigate a investigate on the internet, Oracle does not release all the existing binary code in java, there are some who use the services of a third party. Although I have not had any problems with the Oracle Java’s license, but the bottom line does not include Oracle Java opensource.
OpenJDK is a third party who released similar to Oracle’s java and is completely open source so it can be used from the Ubuntu Software, and the thing is java from the OpenJDK has long been no update it, the latest version is the version 8. As Oracle Java version is now 8.12, the difference is not felt by ordinary people, but of course it is already inside the system updates to close the holes security and new features that make computers better performance.
In my previous posts have discussed the easiest way to install Java oracle in Ubuntu, now I will discuss what can distro pentest wear Java Oracle, of course you can, but a different way of installing them, because distributions pentest not for beginners, here I will write about how the installation in Kali Linux, Kali Linux is a successor of Backtrack, Here’s how to install it:
- Open Terminal, then type this command:
- Then add repository 1 again
- Then run this command to get a key from ubuntu
- Update your system
- After the update is complete, run the installation oracle java JDK 8
- Click “OK” to continue installation, Select “Yes”
- To make it as the default, run the following command
- After the installation is complete, check the java version
- Congratulations, Java JDK 8 already installed, enjoy it
Latest posts by Asep Ulchre (see all)
- Hardening HTTP Security Headers via .htaccess - February 24, 2017
- Troubleshooting Load Analytics on Content Security Policy via .htaccess - February 17, 2017
- How to Create a Network LAN (Local Area Network) on Windows - February 16, 2017