Adding Prototype.js in WordPress to Improve Website Speed
Many ways to improve the speed on wordpress, you can use CDN Cloudflare, Plugin Jetpack, Plugin WP Super Cache, Plugin WP Minify, Lazy Load or compress the Zlib Output Compression in Cpanel. This website is also in sync with Cloudflare, with the addition of file “prototype.js” the results are better. Here I edit a theme in Cpanel, because disable in Theme Editor.
Follow the steps below:
- Log-in to Cpanel, then select “File Manager”.
- Go to “/public_html/wp-includes/js” create a file with the name “prototype.js” and click “Edit”.
- Copy the source code here, and put it in the file “prototype.js” and Save.
- Edit “header.php” Go to “/public_html/wp-content/themes/your_theme/header.php” Right click your mouse and select “Edit”.
- And add the following code, the above code </head> replace “https://www.asepms.com” with the name of your site, and Save.
- Check your website in Google Pagespeed Insights, and this is my result. Amazing!!
Way above will help reduce your wordpress loading. Recommend to install the plugin WP Super Cache from Automattic, because in sync with the “prototype.js” you can check in the plug-in and select “CDN” to work perfectly. If you are confused, or will ask something please comment below or join in the forum asepms.com, have a great day.
Latest posts by Asep Ulchre (see all)
- Hardening HTTP Security Headers via .htaccess - February 24, 2017
- Troubleshooting Load Analytics on Content Security Policy via .htaccess - February 17, 2017
- How to Create a Network LAN (Local Area Network) on Windows - February 16, 2017